An Exclusive Interview with Foodpanda Pakistan, fastest way to order food online in Pakistan
Foodpanda, a project of Rocket Internet, is a venture that delivers food via orders through its website and smartphone apps. It works by allowing users browse through menus of partner restaurants near the user’s postal code, order the food, and pay via cash on delivery.
Foodpanda Food Delivery is the fastest way to order food in Pakistan with 500 partner restaurants.
We caught up with Hana Khan, Foodpanda Pakistan’s PR representative, to learn more about the move and the company’s overall strategy.
1) Foodpanda essentially lets people order food online. What makes it special compared to other Internet food delivery services?
The Foodpanda way of ordering is as simple as it can be. Our motto is “just a few clicks!” and our three step process. One: Select your city and area, two: choose from your favorite restaurant to place the order and three: Pay cash-on-delivery makes it hassle-free for our customers to order. Foodpanda is available in the 4 main cities and can also be used on-thego through our mobile apps on iOS and Android softwares – a new concept in Pakistan!
2) What was the main reason behind bringing Foodpanda to Pakistan?
The food delivery culture was always very pervasive in the Pakistani market and since our team of problem solvers has believed that ordering food should be fast, easy, and fun – we’ve designed a unique and convenient online tool for our foodies out there!
3) What if the restaurant doesn’t offer delivery, will you do it?
Our prime focus is to provide our clients (restaurants) with sales, marketing and analytical support. However, we do offer logistics to a number of restaurants who want to expand their reach and are based on customer demand.
4) I will not say that there aren’t foodies in Pakistan but is Pakistan a complicated country in managing delivery orders?
Pakistanis live to eat! There is a great demand for food and the response is always so overwhelmingly positive. The market has adapted to online ordering really well.
5) Which cities are up next?
We’ve successfully covered the four main cities of Pakistan: Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad as well as Rawalpindi and aim to spread nationwide in no time!
6) Is there any regional launch carefully considered and assessed or you just rolling out in as many countries as quickly as possible?
You’re right that our target is to increase our range as fast as possible but without a really well-structured strategy it’s not possible to reach this. Every new launch, both city and country is treated very sensibly and is strictly planned. Everything else would be an irresponsible and careless action.
7) Where is most growth coming from, geographically speaking, from a user and revenue perspective?
We grow rapidly and increase our range constantly in all countries we are acting in. Pakistan, as an instance reveals very successful development for Foodpanda at the moment. The quantity of orders also depends on local weather conditions because nobody wants a hot pasta delivered when it’s warmer than 30 degrees. Ice-Cream is sometimes the most ordered “meal” and sometimes we can play weather forecast on the basis of our ordering numbers.
8) You recently became Foodpanda Pakistan’s PR representative – what is your experience with Foodpanda?
Working for Foodpanda has been an honor and a pleasure. It is a company that is greatly contributing to the growth of the e-commerce market in Pakistan and its global success confirms a promising future. It’s always delightful to introduce Foodpanda. Who wouldn’t want to work for a place full of appreciation by its users?
9) What’s the ratio between customer orders from mobile versus the Web? What about Android vs. iOS?
Basically you can say that there are still more clients who order from web but our Foodpanda app is catching up quicker than we had imagined. Therefore, we are gladly able to announce more than one million app users worldwide currently. The point we focus our highest interest on, though, is to satisfy every client with his particular preferred device from iOS to Android.
10) Are there any latest promos or discounts for only Foodpanda’s customers?
Yes! We love to see our customers enjoying a unique treatment every now and then and so, we always have various exclusive campaigns and special promotions running!
11) If you had to pick favorite deals (currently featured on your site), which would they be?
It’s so hard to choose from the great variety of irresistible meal deals you find on the website! We would pick a new one every day, it’s all so tempting!
12) Any message for your customers?
Let us take care of you!
13) Views about GaibianPost?
It is great to see the internet flourishing with the creativity and knowledge of tech-savvy minds joining together to bring out the latest and updated news about technological developments and the coolest startups in the market.
Interviewed by: Abdul Rehman Ahmed