1) So let’s talk a little bit about your background, get a sense of where you came from.
My background is pretty complicated. My dad was a banker for the first half of his career, so I was born in Dubai and raised mostly in London and Nigeria with stints in Venezuela and Canada. Because of this my parents chose to put me in the American International School all my life for the sake of consistency of standard of education and style of learning.
2) What age did you step into acting? Has your family always been supportive of your talent?
16. My father was the only supporter in the beginning. My mother was vehemently opposed to it.
3) Describe ‘Acting’ in one word?
Acting is the ability to create and become a different person for a short period of time.
4) How did you get into music? Which of your projects are you most proud of and why?
5) Can you share the story of your first single, how the recording started and how the response you got was? Were you expecting that much response?
It was when we had newly moved to the country and Ghazanfar Ali, a friend of my dads’ insisted that I try one song. No, I was not expecting such an awesome response and yes I was very excited about it!
6) What is the love affair between you and Music? What musical acts did you like as a teen?
It is the never ending kind of affair hopefully. I used to listen to Madonna, George Michael and Micheal Jackson to name the most popular few.
7) What do you enjoy most about your profession? Who professionally inspires you the most and why? (In Music)
Everything inspires me. It’s the small things that make a difference!
8) What do you believe is the key to success for a host? What qualities does one need to succeed?
Confidence, humor, and quick wit.
9) Musician, host, artist…which is the best? Which one is the true you? Where you feel most comfortable?
I feel most comfortable singing in a concert where music is sincerely appreciated.
10) Why do you think bullying has become such a popular subject?
Because bullies have increased in number!
11) What are your plans for the near and far future?
I have learnt that too much planning is a bit pointless. Only the Almighty knows my destiny. I can only plan my next move.
12) Can you talk about a fan encounter that completely took you by surprise?
I was proposed to on LIVE television. Very awkward.
13) Any message to your fans?
Believing in yourself is half the battle won.
14) On a scale from one to 10, rate me as an interviewer.
Errrrr…. 12 🙂
15) Views about GaibianPost?
I will be waiting for my free copy when this gets printed!
Thank you ‘Komal Rizvi’ for this interview.
Interviewed by: Abdul Rehman Ahmed
Want to request GaibianPost to arrange a contest for your favorite celebrity? Or have any queries, you can contact our Editor at editor@.