Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
1. Introduction and General Terms:
The Gaibian Post is constantly updated to bring you the top news stories from around the world. It is produced by dedicated staff in Pakistan. The Gaibian Post relies heavily on The Gaibian Post team professionals.
Featuring the latest multimedia technologies, from searchable archives of news features and background information, the site is updated continuously throughout the day.
In order to provide you with the full range of The Gaibian Post services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- information THE GAIBIAN POST may collect about you;
- THE GAIBIAN POST ’s use of information we collect about you;
- whether THE GAIBIAN POST will disclose your details to anyone else;
- when THE GAIBIAN POST may use your details to contact you;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. Links to third party Websites:
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their separate privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them for further details. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
3. What information will The Gaibian Post collect about you?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from The Gaibian Post, such as Contribute- section dedicated for The Gaibian Post’s users, newsletters, competitions, magazine subscriptions, readers’ offers, live chats, message boards, surveys or online registration we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services or WebPages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable The Gaibian Post and its affiliated service to provide you with the services you select.
We may also store your IP address for some of our website services (see section 5: How will The Gaibian Post use the information they collect about me?).
4. Will The Gaibian Post share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your information within the The Gaibian Post Group in order to provide the service/product you have requested. We will not pass your information to others for marketing purposes unless you have chosen this option.
5. How will The Gaibian Post use the information they collect about me?
The Gaibian Post will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for service administration purposes, which means that The Gaibian Post may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for
- to notify you of changes to our service;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to our website, including any content you provide;
- to personalize or improve the way The Gaibian Post content and advertising is presented to you online:
- The Gaibian Post may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience.
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyze and improve the services offered by a The Gaibian Post website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Gaibian Post won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. What if I am a user aged 13 or under?
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to The Gaibian Post. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
8. Cookies Policy
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of The Gaibian Post features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your profile when you visit and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
The Gaibian Post also uses a number of independent measurement, advertising and research companies. They gather information regarding the visitors to The Gaibian Post sites on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website.
9. Comment Policy:
The Gaibian Post encourages you to add comment to our discussions. You may not post any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate the law. Please note that The Gaibian Post makes reasonable efforts to review all comments prior to posting and The Gaibian Post may edit comments for clarity or to keep out questionable or off-topic material. All comments should be relevant to the post and remain respectful of other authors. By submitting your comment, you hereby give The Gaibian Post the right, but not the obligation, to post, air, edit, exhibit, telecast, cablecast, webcast, re-use, publish, reproduce, use, license, print, distribute or otherwise use your comment(s) and accompanying personal identifying information via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity.
10. Changes to this Privacy Statement: