1) Hi! Amin! For those who don’t know about you and your work, can you tell us a little about yourself?
Well, Deep Shit Studios is a video studio. We make funny videos. I was into movie making from a long time. I remember I started making short videos from 2010 but I never made funny videos. but when I did, We made Deep Shit Studios.
2) We’ll start off easy – what sparked your initial interest in videography? Did you go to school to study videography?
I used to see these funny videos by Danish Ali, MaanSals Studios, Lolz studios. They really inspired me. and I thought I could make videos like these too. But, didn’t learn videography from school or anything, it was just a hobby, never thought it’d be this big.
3) How you came up with this name and is there any reason behind it?
Haha, well, before we made this page we made a video called “Desi Tharki Larkay.” We couldn’t upload the video because we were confused what to name the page. The next day when I was coming back from my college, I was worried, I don’t know Why. My friend asked me what happened, I said “Dude, I’m in a deep shit,” and then he said “dude, deep shit studios! this could be our page’s name.”
We both disagreed first but then my friend Hussain called me later that night and said that he really liked the name, and so did I. So yeah, Deep Shit Studios came into being. Haha!
4) What big names in photography field you look to for inspiration, whose work has influenced you most?
Was really inspired by Danish Ali. BIG FAN! love his work. I actually Laugh out loud when I watch his videos.
5) Embarrassing moment ever during the shooting or performance?
Can’t think of any embarrassing moment but the most hardest job is to teach ‘Jiji’ her lines.
6) Does your SHORT FILMS carry a particular message or is it meant for pure pleasure?
It’s just for fun. it’s just for making people happy and bringing smiles over their faces 🙂
7) Color balance is something that has confused me a lot. How do you choose your white balance in the field?
It confuses me too *high-Five*
8) What is the most important thing to remember to click an awesome image? What kind of gear do you use?
I’m not into photography and stuff. but yeah, for videography is use a DSLR with 18-55mm lens. Not into cameras and stuff.
9) What goes in your head while shooting? How worried are you about composition / sharpness / perspective…?
While shooting I just wanna get things done like they were planned, sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. I get angry a lot when the cast takes a lot of retakes.
10) Is there anybody or anything you would love to photograph?
11) Can you talk about a fan encounter that completely took you by surprise?
I was at Dream World resort in Karachi, having lunch with my dad. A girl came upto me and said that she has seen our funny videos and that she liked them. When she left, my dad asked me if I knew her. Hahaha!
12) I know you would say “Shoot, Shoot and keep shooting” to a newbie, but is there something you wish you knew when you started shooting? Any message to your fans?
Not really, we teach how to act to a newbie. We don’t pressurize him. Sometimes shooting is so much fun that we don’t want it to end.
And my message to my fans is that do whatever your heart tells you to do. Be original. Don’t be fake. Be yourself!
13) On a scale from one to 10, rate me as an interviewer.
14) Views about GaibianPost?
I think GaibianPost is doing an awesome job. I checked out the page and it was awesome! Keep up the good work guys! 🙂
Interviewed by: Abdul Rehman Mian